Beginners Quilting Links and Tips
- Hand Quilting
- Markings for Hand Quilting
- Basting your Quilt Top
- Needles & Thimbles
- What is a Fat Quarter?
- Can't See as Well as you Once Did?
- Conversion Tool: Meters & Yards
- A Knot for the End of Your Thread
These are my tips for beginners, including caveats, warnings, what to look for, what not to do, what to get, who to talk with, etc. Here you'll find how to thread needles, with diagrams. In addition to the above links to handquilting, machine quilting, etc. - I include here a few tips I have found helpful in the past:
My Favourite Links:
- Perfect your Handquilting Stitch by Mary Stori
- Yilcorp's 'Thread of Truth'
- Brenda Henning's Piecing Basics
- Machine Piecing - Inspiration and Tecniques
- Sewing Resource Links
- Scale a Pattern